|
Tuesday, March 8, 2011 @ 9:19 PM
Reflections 1: 8 March 8, 2011 Over the last two weeks, we have embarked on our first steps of our RESL journey by meeting with our VWO twice and feverishly pondering what much we can do for the kids there at Tanglin APSN School, as well as what to research on in the process.
Regarding our initial idea of scrabble, we have realized through initial talks with our representative at the VWO Ms Jey, as well as discussions about feasibility, that we would drop it. In my perspective, I thoroughly don’t mind and look forward to the very interesting and meaningful ideas that have been generated through discussions about the VWOs expectations and our ideas. We have decided to embark on a video idea to express social situations to the kids in visual terms, such that it would be easier for them to understand and learn what is to be done in various common social situations.
Regarding my first impressions of the school, I think it is very heartwarming to see that in Singapore we have such infrastructure to cater to the needs of every member of society. I also found out at the same time the MINDS caters to a different group of students. That being said, I am looking forward to actually interacting with the kids, and hopefully teach them stuff and also learn from them. |