|
Monday, April 4, 2011 @ 9:26 PM
Seeing as to our team’s different schedules and busyness, it seems that over this month RESL has been more of a managerial lesson than one of service. As much as this experience has taught me too, like the importance of good team coordination and commitment, I really hope we can move on from here quickly and get to the service itself proper.
Initially, on a personal level, I believed that as people somewhat “imposing” on the VWO’s normal operations, I thought the stated 40-60 hours was something that we, as guests of the VWO, should adhere to. Being a more vocal person, I would have voiced my concern over the long hours otherwise. Fortunately, now with some consultation with our mentor we are following through with a proposal to shorten our time commitments while trying our best not to compromise too much on our goals that we have set to achieve.
I see that as an RE group no matter if we have to split our members up, or shorten timings, I really hope and believe that we can still make a difference in the childrens’ lives and do something positive for them in the time that we will be helping them out. Hence, I hope our meeting with Ms Jey this Thursday will bear some fruit and allow our group to move forward from here. |