|
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 @ 3:05 PM
Overall, I think it was rather successful. During the interaction, I found out there were 2 types of students. 1) Enthusiastic students who had no problem interacting with us, enjoyed playing with us.. etc 2) Students, [who might be more mature] that were just sitting at the side watching, or passing time. Through my observations, half of the students do not like playing with the facilities in the SPARKS cabin. I went to start a conversation with one of them and he told me that this seems to be a pure waste of time. He didn't want to stay back since 1 [we reached there at 3] just to play with us, and didn't see the purpose of this. For him, it was the first time staying back till so late [about 6] and yet it was a complete waste of time. After this interaction, although we might not have done much during the session, I have learned that we should engage them in more meaningful activities the next time and shouldn't have came without preparation. We also must make their 2 hour wait before we arrive worthwhile. Ranald |