|
Sunday, April 3, 2011 @ 11:40 AM
Although we didn't successfully met with the VWO the past week, I have learnt that communication among group members is important. Throughout this past month, I admit that my priorities have not been focused on the RESL project. However, my SYF will be ending next week so I can focus more on RESL. Even though I was not actively involved in the discussion last wednesday, [the day i was sick], I also felt that the idea of splitting into 2 groups more feasible. Firstly, smaller groups are easier to manage and it also fits with the schedules of the members of the group. I hope that our group will be able to work better with the VWO after this split. After not being able to make it on time for the first meeting, I think that the VWO will be disappointed with our group, and I don't think she have replied our request to meet next Thursday >.< Regarding special schools in singapore, the 2 main organizations that deal with students with intellectual disabilities are MINDS and APSN. [http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/special-education/schoollist/] However, from previous interviews with Ms Jey, APSN handles students with mild intellectual disabilities while MINDS handles students with severe intellectual disabilities. Thus, I feel that an interview regarding the workings of special needs school with Ms Jey might be required in order to obtain more information. |