|
Sunday, May 8, 2011 @ 9:47 PM
At this point in time, I am worried about my RE project, particularly my contributions to the group. I have done a fair amount of work by writing out the proposal, coming up with a group name and doing behind-the-scenes research on my topic. However, I have been unable to visit the school for a rather long time, meaning my service hours are below average in the group and definitely need to improve. I am trying to work out a way to make more hours, however, at this point in time, I cannot because I have the exams to worry for. I believe it should be fine, once my group starts making their weekly visits on Fridays as previously agreed. Currently, I have read some articles on whether IQ is a suitable indicator on whether a student requires special attention or whether they are gifted . It is to be noted that IQ is not reliable as it is merely a test out of which you get a few questions correct and a few wrong. It does not answer the questions what the definition of IQ is and how it can be measured. It merely asserts the fact that doing well in a test, is indicative of intelligence which is flawed reasoning. It has also been written that students have multiple intelligence"s". meaning that there are different categories of intelligence. This concept suggests that it is possible that Autistic kids are not at all special needs, but simply extremely gifted in one intelligence, but severely lacking in another. As for special needs children, the truth may be that they are only unable to learn certain types of things and that they may actually excel in others. This would revolutionize the way special needs students are taught, and the tests being administered to find out whether a student has "special needs" I read these on http://iq-test.learninginfo.org/iq02.htm |