|
Monday, May 9, 2011 @ 9:29 AM
In my opinion, the past few lessons were quite successful because they could more or less understand the lesson, as could be seen from their so-so performance in the worksheets we gave them. We implemented a point system, which spurred them to perform well and participate, as well as allow us to sort of control them when they were getting too noisy. I found out that they had very diverse characters and attitudes towards our lessons. The boys generally thought the lessons were interesting and participated very very actively sometimes too actively. The girls, on the other hand, were soft and slightly afraid, but I think they were more warmed up after the second lesson. Chang Hua and Aloysius particularly surprised the both of us as they had a lot of general knowledge about history and geography. Through a short oral survey that we conducted with them, they thought that fiction books were more interesting, and they felt our worksheets ranged from the easy to average range. SO we shall make tougher worksheets :P Currently, we are still contemplating what to do for the finale, which will probably on the last Thursday of July, if nothing sudden pops up. On the second lesson, I tried teaching, but I think they thought Ranald was more interesting. I think I should try to bond with the students more by teaching and talking to them during lessons. Also, I think we should alternate between fiction and non-fiction so as to balnce their learning. |