|
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 @ 10:03 PM
Since the school holidays ended, I have been able to go down to APSN Tanglin on a regular basis, fulfilling 4 sessions with the students thus far. Personally, I now enjoy interacting with them much more than during the pre-June holiday sessions. During the pre-June holiday sessions, we were there just as teachers and wanted to made sure our lessons were good. However, now I have gotten to know our students much better through both the lessons as well as having conversations with them about our daily life and hobbies, allowing our relationship to develop into a friendship, instead of remaining as a teacher-student relationship. This, I feel has been the main takeaway for me thus far. Another area our group is working on currently is our RE report. Progress has not been smooth thus far, mainly due to the fact that deadlines have constantly not been met by the group, which stems from our group members not being able to meet the deadlines. It is understandable that all of us are busy but I feel that if one unable to finish his part, it should be his responsibility to inform the group such that the group leader can delegate the work accordingly. As the group leader, I also acknowledge that I have not been proactive enough in ensuring good communications between the group members and this is an area of improvement which I will be working on. Anyway, looking forward, I hope that the service learning sessions can continue to go smoothly and that our group communication can be improved. Clarence |